Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Carpe Diem Preview #1 special prompt



Dear Haijin (haiku poets),

You will ask maybe "What's this?" This my dear Haijin is Carpe Diem Preview #1. In this preview I will tell you something about a special prompt/theme that I will use in this new daily haiku meme Carpe Diem. Every week of the month I will give a haiku of a classical haiku master for a prompt/theme. This classical haiku is inspiring to write a new haiku about. On my Basho Revisited weblog I have done that with several haiku written by the classical haiku master Matsuo Basho (1644-1694). In every episode of Basho Revisited I have written a new haiku inspired on the haiku by Basho. This link will bring you to that weblog so you can see for yourself. The link brings you to a set of haiku on the Wedded Rocks inspired on a haiku by Basho.

Another example:

My first English haiku was:

a lonely flower
my companion
for one night


This haiku can be an inspiration to write another one ... look for yourself ... I have written a new haiku with 'a lonely flower' as inspiration source.

blooming flowers
everywhere I look
finally Spring


This new haiku arose from 'flower' and in contrast to 'lonely'. This is what I mean with writing a new haiku inspired on a haiku of a classical haiku master. I think this isn't easy, but I also think that it is fun to do this. The first Carpe Diem special will be online on October 5th around 10:00 PM (CET).




This was the first Carpe Diem Preview ... I hope you will read more Carpe Diem Previews in time.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment