Friday, January 11, 2013

Carpe Diem #93, Cave (provided by Dulcina)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

When I started with Carpe Diem I asked others to suggest prompts for this daily haiku meme. Dulcina of Dulcina's Garden was one of them. Today we have a prompt which is suggested by Dulcina. Today's prompt  is cave. Not an easy one, but every prompt has it's difficulties.

I have sought for haiku with 'cave' in it. On www.poetry.com I found the next haiku written by Cindy O'Nanski:

come on in my friends
welcome to our cozy cave
handcrafted with love

(c) Cindy O'Nanski

Or this one written by George E. Thompson is titled 'ice cave'. I found this one on Gather.com :

many icicles
majestic wonder viewing
cold breathing freezes

(c) George E. Thompson

Another one which I found on a wordpress-blog:

silence and beauty
cold water transparency
vision awakens

Source: haiku of Ana (the cave)

Just a few examples of cave-haiku. I have tried it myself:

high in the mountains
living in his own cave
an anchoret

an anchoret
far from civilization
his mountain cave

Not an easy prompt today ... but what a joy as read this haiku I share here with you ... awesome! (How immodest.)


Credits: cave (Norman Island)

This prompt will stay on 'till January 13th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will publish our new episode of Carpe Diem Jazz later on today around 10.00 PM (CET). Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us here at Carpe Diem.



10 comments:

  1. Great post! Great haiku ! And I learned a new word! Will link in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the haiku you have posted are splendid, including your precious pair with the anchoret. I think people who live in the mountains are more civilized than those who live in what some call "civilization". I speak from my experience living in our cabin - not in a cave - in the mountains.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you make a hard prompt look easy...and I learned the word anchoret too. Thank you :)
    P.S - OK, so I couldn't resist getting one more in before heading of camping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well of course you'll enjoy reading them.. the ones you composed are great ^^ yes not an easy prompt but only coz there's so much to write about it! thanks for the new word too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful haiku, Chevrefeuille and wonderful prompt, Dulcina! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am maybe to late... seems like my link is not accepted. http://brudberg.wordpress.com/2013/01/12/carpe-diem-haiku-cave/

    Prompt was very difficult today and I had to google quite a lot today to find picture inspiration.

    Anyway I learn so much from you and all the other contributors, and your haiku is always an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kristjaan and Dulcina! My bat cave pictures aren't digitalized, so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Link wigit still not working
    http://planetcyberluz.com/2013/01/12/ancient-cave/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learnt the word anchoret too!
    high on a mountain
    living in a cave...
    definitely a sense of bliss there, of renewal, of commune with nature...

    ReplyDelete