Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Carpe Diem #132, Strangers (provided by Patricia)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This wonderful Carpe Diem month is almost over, with today we have still two days to go and than March will start. I have already prepared our new prompt list which you can find HERE all our prompts are classical kigo (seasonswords) for Spring. So I think this next month will be tough, but also very nice and I hope to read wonderful haiku.
OK back to today, February 27th, we share haiku on 'Strangers', (provided by Patricia of High Five and Raspberries ). Not an easy prompt I think, but ... well it's challenging.
As I am preparing this episode a song 'Strangers in the Night' sang by Frank Sinatra comes in mind. So I love to share that song here:




I love that song very much ... it brings wonderful memories to me. My granddad was a big fan of Frank Sinatra and through him I became a fan of Sinatra's music. Really nice memories.


strangers in the night
walking along the harbor
without a sound

without a sound
the neighbor turns his back to me
and walks away


Sometimes you have to deal with bad relations, but with patience and unconditional love you will become the vanquisher and that will bring back joy. Than you can say 'no longer a stranger in the night'.


shaking hands
tears spilled on shoulders
no longer strangers


Well ... have fun, be creative and share your haiku on 'strangers' with us here on Carpe Diem.
This prompt will stay on 'till February 28th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our last Carpe Diem Special by Chiyo-Ni later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).

I will already share our Special haiku by Chiyo-Ni hereafter:

In mid-flight
the butterfly returns
to the pines of Shiogoshi Shrine


(* I couldn't find the Romaji translation of this haiku)





7 comments:

  1. Wonderful to use Sinatra in your Haiku. I agree it was difficult, but I found a good picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was hard so I went to some recent photos and one inspiredme, thanks for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great post and more delightful cascading haiku ~ must admit I wrote 'strangers in the night' before I saw your post ~ must be the full moon ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like your one about "no longer strangers." This was a hard one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun... I probably should add one more to mine . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could have had more time on this, but life's practicalities rumble on.
    I love your haiku on this prompt. SO many emotions mixed together. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I got off haiku and more storytelling this time...sorry.
    The images were so sharp, and I tried other ways, but this is what
    it is today.
    A great topic...would love to see it again...rich and powerful.
    Thank you Patricia for the prompt.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete