Monday, April 15, 2013

Carpe Diem #172, Small Mountain (provided by YerPirate)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

After a journey along the signs of the Zodiac in which I have read wonderful haiku inspired on the Zodiac signs, we now going back to our 'normal' prompts. I have used several prompt suggestions this month and today the prompt is provided by Yer Pirate of Tea with a Pirate and haiku moments. He provided us with a nice prompt, Small Mountain.

I am a fan of the mountains, but in my country, The Netherlands, we have only hills. The highest mountain in my country is the Vaalserberg in the very south point of Limburg, one of our twelve provinces. This 'small mountain" is just 322 m high. For our low country that's quit a mountain (smiles). For mine and your inspiration I will hereafter give a picture of this 'small moutain'.


Vaalserberg 322 m, the highest mountain of The Netherlands

the low lands
beneath the sea level
no mountains at all


no mountains at all
just a few hills, more like
a small mountain



Well ... we are back to our normal way of haiku prompts and we started with a nice prompt by Yer Pirate. I hope you did like the read. So ... be inspired and share your haiku with us all here on Carpe Diem.
This prompt will stay on 'till April 17th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode later on today around 10.00 PM (CET). That will be the third Carpe Diem Special of this month. I will give the inspirational haiku already hereafter.


kodoku na watashino nakamano tsu no yoruno hana (*)

lonely flower
my companion
for one night



(*) translation bij Romaji.me








5 comments:

  1. Wonderful posting! I really like your 'landscape/view' haiku too Kristjaan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to the Netherlands, and it's just how you describe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great images of your homeland Kristjaan, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mountains whether soft and rolling or rocky and fierce

    Always appreciate the prompts Kristjaan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really your prompt Kristjaan :-)

    ReplyDelete