Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #39, Kyoshi Takahama's 'shutting my eyes'



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

After a journey through the Divine Tarot we are now welcoming the last Carpe Diem Special written by Kyoshi Takahama for this month. After this day we have still two days to go which will be in some way connected with the Tarot, but first this nice haiku written by Kyoshi for your inspiration.


me tsumureba wakaki ware ari haru no yoi

shutting my eyes

I find a young me found
in the Spring evening


A wonderful haiku, full of Zen I think. We all do this once or more in our lives ... looking back, e.g. as I did back in April's Carpe Diem month. I think everyone has sometimes the need for looking back and ... there's nothing wrong with.


Credits: Kyoshi Takahama (woodblock by Jun-Ichiro Sekino)


Kyoshi sees himself as a youngster, maybe he was lost that Spring evening and his parents were seeking him. Finally they found him ... what a joy his parents have found him. Feels like the parable of the Lost Son.
His parents were glad that they found him back and celebrated it.


in my dreams
I see myself in classic Japan
clothed like Basho

clothed like Basho
I go on a trip to the Far North
in my dreams


Well ... I hope this haiku by Kyoshi will inspire you all to write haiku in the same tone, sense and Spirit as the one by Kyoshi. Have fun and share.

This Special will stay on 'til May 30th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Divination, later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).








4 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspiration, and writing about childhood memories in spring is great. I think you did a great tribute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....beautiful first haiku there Kristjaan, just beautiful. 2nd fine too, and very sensitive background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another day of haiku inspiration. This is a delightful choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your wonderful Haiku and, for taking me back to some wonderful childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete