Monday, January 20, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #73, Alexey Andreyev's fourth, "day after Valentine's"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Time flies when you have fun ... and so it's time again for a new Special episode of Carpe Diem with a haiku written by Alexey Andreyev, our featured haiku-poet for this month. As you know Alexey is a Russian haiku-poet and so I love to share this fourth haiku in original form ... in Russian. I hope the Russian characters can be read or seen in your browser.

This fourth haiku is about Valentine's day or more the day after. As you maybe know Saint Valentine's Day is on February 14th and is a holiday in almost the whole world, also in Russia. Here is the Special haiku by Alexey for your inspiration to write an all new haiku in the same sense, tone and Spirit as the one given. (By the way ... this Special I also publish early, because of the night shift.)

Icon of Saint Valentine
To stay in touch with our Russian theme I have used the above Icon, because Icons are basically Russian.

РПУМЕ чБМЕОФЙОПЧБ ДОС -
ЛТБУОЩЕ МЕРЕУФЛЙ ОБ РПМХ, Й
НЕФМБ Ч ХЗМХ

                      
day after Valentine's -
red petals on the floor, and
a broom in the corner


(c) Alexey Andreyev

A wonderful haiku I think. As I read this haiku I thought "what happened here?" Did the young lovers have a quarrel? Or is the scene more metaphorical? Tells this haiku that the love is over after a long time? Why didn't they sweep the floor? All that kind of questions came in my mind. And with those thoughts I wrote my own haiku inspired on the one by Alexey. I even have tried to write this haiku in the classical way.

petals of roses
scattered through the living room
a ring on the table


(c) Chèvrefeuille


A sad haiku ... but that sadness is also part of haiku. Haiku is a great medium to share your emotions caught is a few lines.
This episode will stay open until January 22th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Chita, later on today. !! This Special is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) !!


12 comments:

  1. Wow! So many questions going through my head, too, after reading your haiku. Very expertly put together, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good one, i luv the theme of St Valentine; i'm ready with my post but because of my timezone i have to wait a few hours it 8-ish in the morning here i will be able to link up around 3-ish this afternoon; have a nice day; thanks for sharing

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sad haiku, Kristjaan... but beautifully pictured.
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and sad.. and I read sadness into it as well..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life ~ lovely haiku you have composed ~ happy week, carol, xxx

    www.acreativeharbor.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I the only one who didn't see a sad picture in Alexey's haiku? Your is wonderful but the sadder version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,this is such a lovely challenge.It is definitely going to be a challenge writing one in the same spirit.I am excited to read what others have submitted as well:-)I also liked your completion Kristjaan:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, I just posted my take only to come here for the link to realise that the submissions have closed. Well, too bad. I still think your take is wonderful, Kristjaan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Powerful and sentimental - and really Carpe Diem is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your haiku, Kristjaan.

    Mine is late. http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2014/01/23/february-15th/

    ReplyDelete