Friday, April 11, 2014

Carpe Diem #445, Raindrops


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Well ... it was a stunning week of ghost-writing and now we are going back to our regular prompt-list for April. As you know this month all our prompts are modern kigo for spring based on Jane Reichhold's 'A Dictionary of Haiku' and today the prompt is raindrops.
As I was preparing this episode the first thing which came in mind was a song by BJ Thomas "raindrops keep falling on my head" and I love to share that song here with you all.




Well ... I hope you did like this song and that it will inspire you to write a haiku (or a few) with us all.

And here is one of the examples which Jane Reichhold gives in her 'A Dictionary of Haiku':

edge of the roof
raindrops dripping off
seconds of the night


And now it's up to me to write a haiku myself on this prompt ... let me think ... hm ... yes I think this a good one to share:

raindrops falling
between cherry blossom petals
becoming one

(c) Chèvrefeuille

And now it's up to you my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers, write and share your haiku on raindrops with us all here at our haiku-community Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. !!! Earlier today I posted a new Tan Renga Challenge !!!

This epsiode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until April 14th 11.59 AM (CET). I will try to publish our next episode, Beach, later on today. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka or haibun with us all.


6 comments:

  1. The song was the first thing I though of when I saw prompt ~ lovely haiku ~ love how the raindrops and petals become one ~ Happy Weekend to ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't connect with Ese's link ~ thought she might like to know ~ or it is my computer ~ but linked with others okay ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol -- I was able to connect with it ... maybe try copy and pasting:
      http://esengasvoice.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/carpe-diem-haiku-raindrops/

      Delete
  3. I always did like that song :)

    ReplyDelete