Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Carpe Diem #543, Wall


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Yesterday I was preparing an episode for our "Tackle It Tuesday" weblog on Wordpress, it was the episode for next week and it was about sincerity. In that episode I mention the wall which we all have around us and which sometimes stands in our way to be sincere. Maybe that wall is also the wall about which Khalil Gibran says the following:

[...] "After all this is not a bad prison; but I do not like this wall between my cell and the next prisoner’s cell; Yet I assure you that I do not wish to reproach the warder not the Builder of the prison".[...]

[...] "Sadness is but a wall between two gardens". [...]

Can we tear down those walls? Can we be that powerful to tear down the walls around us to become finally free? Free to be sincere towards the other? I think so, but it's not easy I think. As I remember the 9/11 attacks several years ago, than I can understand that it's not easy to be sincere. Those terrorists were all under the spell of one aggressor and that aggressor, for sure, doesn't speak for all those muslim brothers and sisters. So don't be afraid to be sincere, be respectful towards the other notwithstanding what others did.

Credits: Quote Khalil Gibran
We have to tear down those walls. If we can do that, we will all be free, we will be all part of a world wide revival of love and peace ... finally world peace will become true. Call me a dreamer or a nutcase, but I think that love can tear down walls which split humanity in several parts. Let us respect the other notwithstanding his/her religion, spiritual ideas, sexuality and so on ... we are all the same, of course we are all unique beings, but we are all human.

tearing down the walls
giving room to wild flowers
to color the earth

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until August 23rd at noon (CET). I will try to post our new episode, masque/mask, later on. For now ... have fun!


3 comments:

  1. This is truly beautiful, Kristjaan. The quote by Gibran is close to my heart, and you really brought vivid colours, so full of life, love of life to it with your haiku. I don't know why but have the feeling there is a touch of a flower child in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such excellent post.. I have had a semi-hectic week and I'm way behind commenting as usual... I hope to be able to catch up during the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristjaan,
    That's so true Jules ... music is the best bridge builder there is ... and of course all other forms of art ... so ... I think that we (haiku-poets) can bring walls down.

    ~ It is indeed very good that there is a great variety ...of music :)

    I think that perhaps you might want to let folks know that unless they actually choose to follow comments on Blogspot that when the host replies to a guest comment - the guest will not see the hosts words. This is why I copied your comment and replied here - so you can see it. :)

    Thank you, Jules

    ReplyDelete