Sunday, September 7, 2014

Carpe Diem #556, Dusk


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to create another post based on "A Dictionary of Haiku" by Jane Reichhold. I was amazed to see such nice and wonderful haiku in response on our yesterday's post "cemetery" and that makes me happy.
Today we have dusk for prompt and I think 'dusk' needs no further explanation, so I will share the haiku by Jane Reichhold on 'dusk' and my own.

darkness
the wideness of things
fills the distance


tangled branches
coming darkness
woven in
a wave breaks white
a gull folds its wing
as the sea darkens


© Jane Reichhold

These are in my opinion really nice haiku, but that third example is one of my favorites. And here is my attempt to write a haiku about dusk, or inspired on dusk:



until dusk
they hide in secret places -
Nightingales sing

© Chèvrefeuille

And now it's up to you my dear haijin, visitors and travelers .... this episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until September 10th at noon (CET). I will (try to) post our next episode, full moon, later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

1 comment:

  1. That is very interesting you like Jane's 3rd haiku the best, as it is the closest t your style. I must say I liked the other two very much. I do enjoy comparing and contrasting haiku - finding the similarities.
    In both Jane's and your haiku birds are used, but you bring the sound in as well, and yours appears to be more concrete, less esoteric, at first reading,though the secret places' becomes mystical. Nice haiku.

    ReplyDelete