Thursday, September 18, 2014

Carpe Diem #564, Vineyards


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Yesterday we had an "out of box" post about 'river' and today the prompt brings us back to earth. Today our prompt is Vineyards and there is a lot to tell about vineyards, but I am not going to do that. I am just giving you the prompt and that's it ... (smiles)

No ... I can't do that. Vineyards are e very specific prompt for autumn October is the harvesting month for grapes and that's a lot of work. The Vineyards are giving us wine and that's a lot of work too. I am not someone who drinks wine, I am more of beer, yes I know that's maybe a bit to normal, but I don't like wine really. Of course I love to have sometimes a glass of wine at dinner or on a romantic evening, but I am not someone that drinks a lot.

Credits: Vineyard
Vineyards we find everywhere on earth even in my flat country The Netherlands. In our southern region we have vineyards, but were I live ... in the polder, in the midst of my country we have vineyards too, because of the soil here.

walking in the vineyard
with the one I love to share a glass with -
the scent of grapes

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... as I said ... not a long post for today. Now it's up to you to write a haiku inspired on this prompt. Jane Reichhold gave the following example(s):

pale fog
yellow vineyards over
champagne cellars

wine-tasting
at the family-run vineyard
a cat too


Wonderful examples on Vineyard ... let those haiku inspire you.


Credits: Vineyard
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until September 21st at noon (CET). I will publish our next episode, cutting wood, later on. !! PS. I am behind with visiting and commenting I will catch up a.s.a.p. !!


2 comments:

  1. This prompt reminded me of a wonderful weekend spent with friends harvesting for the winepress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to go wine tasting!
    Mine is up at: http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2014/09/22/grapes/

    ReplyDelete