Sunday, September 28, 2014

Carpe Diem #571, Mushrooms


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's a real joyful day today, because I have published our new Carpe Diem Haiku Kai feature "Ask Jane ..." and have introduced it to you all. I hope this new feature will bring a lot of joy to you all and I hope to read wonderful questions and answers about haiku by Jane Reichhold.

As this month is running to it's end I am still excited about this all new feature above I even slept really bad because of my excitement. As we are on our way to our second anniversary next month we have still a few prompts to go based on Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku", a modern Saijiki in which Jane has compiled a lot of modern kigo (seasonwords) for all seasons.
This month we are exploring her modern kigo for autumn and today our prompt is Mushrooms. Mushrooms are really an autumn feature, because in this season we can see a lot of mushrooms coming up. So I think this prompt has no need for a long introduction or post ...

Here are a few of Jane's example-haiku for this prompt:

looking closely
under the mushroom
a desert landscape

woman in the woods
touching mushrooms
touching the base

© Jane Reichhold

I like these, but that first one is really my favorite. It shows me wonderful memories and new memories made just in the last few years. My grandchildren are exploring nature and are discovering also the mushrooms in autumn ... and that's great to see and be part of it.

Credits: Fly Agaric
"look granddad!"
he points at a Fly Agaric -
the home of a gnome ...

© Chèvrefeuille

Isn't it wonderful ... to see how children are exploring their world and live in it? What a phantasy they have. And what a gorgeous idea to see the home of a gnome in a mushroom ... awesome.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until October 1st at noon (CET). I will publish or new episode (the last of this month), Sage, later on. For now, have fun!
!! Tomorrow it is time again for our Carpe Diem Time-Glass challenge in which you have to challenge time by writing a new haiku within 12 hours !!


2 comments:

  1. Grandchildren bring the breath of youth back in the lives of grandparents. Love your haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be very careful. Mushrooms are like any other plant and there is a danger in picking what you don't know. I had some mushrooms appear overnight and then dry up - ran over them with the mower and they explode like ashes. But I've also seen some pretty ones grow on trees. Doesn't mean I'm going to harvest and eat them.

    ReplyDelete