Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #105, Francis of Assisi's first quote


Dear haijin, visitors and travelers,

As you maybe know this months Specials are all quotes by Francis of Assisi. I recently read an article about him and I was touched by his transformation from son of a rich merchant to a man of God living with only the things provided by him by his God. He is really an inspiration for a lot of people and so he is also an inspiration for me. I am not a poor guy, but I am certainly not rich. My life isn't about money, my life is about giving and sharing unconditional love with all and everything around me. And (of course) sharing my passion for haiku (smiles).
So this month our CD Specials are all quotes by Francis and I hope they will inspire you all to write/compose wonderful new haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka and haibun. For this first CD Special of September I have chosen the following quote by Francis:

[...] "For it is in giving that we receive." [...]

This quote is a wellknown one I think. In this quote we can read all ideas and believes of Francis of Assisi. He was a man of giving and he never asked for something, he was always glad with the little things which were given to him by good people, by nature and by God.



I think that we are receiving the same as we give. As we give love, we will receive love. If we give a wonderful haiku to someone, he/she will grant us with gratefulness ... Life is all about giving and be gratefull for that we will receive.

she grants me a smile
and whispers "thank you for caring"-
roses on a grave

© Chèvrefeuille

I think I have to explain this haiku a little bit without details. As you all know I am an oncology-nurse and in my work I encounter patients who need help, but not them alone need help their relatives also need my help and warm attention, because they will stay behind as their beloved ones dying.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until September 6th at noon (CET). I will post our next episode, grief, later on.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful choice, beautiful post, beautiful haiku and explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly love your choice for this month and your haiku.Working in homecare I visited families after their beloved died. And Francis of Assisi touches a special note in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you for looking after the friends and families -- sometimes they're forgotten victims.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So moving. It is less than a year since my husband's 99 year old Mom slipped into that final slumber. What a comfort was the nun, nurses and cousins that spent those last hours with as as we watched the gulf widen between us and Edna. God's blessings on your work.

    ReplyDelete