Sunday, September 21, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #108, Words by Francis of Assisi (3)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another CD Special episode in which I bring you quotes by Francis of Assisi for your inspiration. And this time I have (at least I think it is) a wonderful quote by him:

[...] "Remember that when you leave this earth you can taken nothing of what you have received, but only what you have a given: a full heart, enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice, and courage". [...]

Isn't it a wonderful quote? But to write a haiku inspired on this quote will not be an easy task, but I have to try of course.

on her deathbed
she looks back on her life -
lotus flower blooms

© Chèvrefeuille


Credits: Pink Lotus
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until September 24th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, prayer flags, later on. For now ... be inspired.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely haiku. Reflecting from a deathbed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. every part of the lotus is useful: stem leaf, flower, root;
    wow what a great image for a life lived

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A peaceful death is something to be hoped for. I've seen too many people who weren't able to have this blessing, including my father.
    http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2014/09/interpreting-st-francis-of-assisi-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was challenging, and I am late.
    Mine is up at: http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/what-you-have-given/

    ReplyDelete