Saturday, September 27, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #109, Words by Francis of Assisi 4


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This is our last CD Special of this month. I have found another nice quote by Francis of Assisi for your inspiration. I hope you do like it and that it will inspire you to write an all new haiku, senryu, tanka or kyoka.

[...] “A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.” [...]

This is a great quote and I think it's almost a haiku ... here is my attempt to write an all new haiku inspired on this quote by Francis.

moving shadows
as the sun climbs to his throne -
Peter Pan was here

© Chèvrefeuille

Hm ... not a strong one, but I have tried to bring some humor in it. And ... humor isn't my "cup of tea".


Credits: Disney's Peter Pan
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until September 30th at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, mushrooms, later on. For now ... have fun!


5 comments:

  1. Peter Pan was here..it made me smile so it worked:)-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your haiku, I could see the shadow slowly shrink,then a veil of glow take over. Peter Pan added to the smile in my inner child...c'est parfait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to embrace that inner child every once in a while, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do so enjoy the lightness on the surface of this haiku.

    ReplyDelete