Friday, September 12, 2014

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Squared #2, Björn Rudberg's "Loon is calling"



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It is my pleasure to bring you a new episode of our Tan Renga Challenge with a twist ... Tan Renga SquaredThe goal of Carpe Diem Tan Renga Squared is to write a second stanza to a given haiku (as we do in our Tan Renga Challenge) and a new 3-line stanza and 2-line stanza. So the goal is to write a short linked verse of four (4) stanzas.

For this second episode of 'Carpe Diem Tan Renga Squared' I have chosen a haiku by Björn Rudberg of Björn Rudberg's Writings. He wrote this one in response on our first episode of our new feature Carpe Diem's "Arti-Visual" haiku of yesterday. I think this haiku by Björn can be of inspiration for you.

His haiku will be the first stanza (3 lines) and you have to complete this Tan Renga Squared with three other stanzas respectively following 2 lines, 3 lines and 2 lines. To make it a little bit more difficult I love to see that your last stanza (2 lines) has a association with the first stanza by Björn. Well ... good luck.

Björn provided us with a nice haiga for our "Arti-Visual" feature and I love to share that haiga here before I start our Tan Renga Squared Challenge.

Credits: Haiga © Björn Rudberg
A wonderful haiga as I may say. I was immediately in love with this beautiful haiga and I just had to use his haiku for this week's Tan Renga Squared Challenge.

evening mist
memories are fading
loon is calling

© Björn Rudberg

A nice haiku to start this Tan Renga Squared Challenge with I think ... so here is my attempt to write a Tan Renga Squared:

evening mist
memories are fading
loon is calling                                             (Björn)

wisps of fog dancing on the heath                
far away the sound of howling                  (Chèvrefeuille)                

at the eastern sky
clouds dressed in thousand colors
a new day rises                                         (Chèvrefeuille)

I awake with the song of birds -
the sparkling of morning dew                  (Chèvrefeuille)

Pff ... this wasn't easy ... so I wish you all good luch with this Tan Renga with a twist ... Have fun!

This Tan Renga Squared Challenge is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until next Friday September 19th at noon (CET).

4 comments:

  1. Oh what an excellent honor you did with my haiku.. a whole story from dusk to dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love this challenge -- and what a great poem to work with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever more interesting and challenging ... fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A complete story. Great example.

    ReplyDelete