Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Carpe Diem #1230 glass sculpture (R.Loy, The Netherlands)

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

A new episode on 'modern art', the theme for this month of CDHK. The 'modern art' for today is prize I won back into 1998. I was a participant in an art manifestation in my hometown. I introduced haiku there and it was a great experience. I recited haiku I created in the years before. I had gathered them in a book and had made a kind of hand-out of it in which I had gathered the most beautiful haiku and a few tanka.

At the end of this art manifestation they gave prizes for all the different kinds of arts ... and there was also a prize for literature ... That prize I won ... I was honored ...

glass sculpture by R. Loy
In this glass sculpture you can see all kinds of things, maybe it's elephant or a dinosaur ... I don't know. I like it, not only because of the story behind it, but also because its like haiku ... everyone can sense a different scene by reading the same haiku ... and this sculpture does the same.

young elephant
rolls through the mud
to cool down

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... it was a short episode, but I enjoyed creating it and I hope you can find the inspiration you need to create haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until August 8th at noon (CET). Have fun ...


No comments:

Post a Comment