Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Carpe Diem #1239 shifted flowers (unknown artist)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a wonderful month we have. All those pieces of beauty we call "modern art" and we really have seen wonderful art works. Yesterday we had the "crossed house" or what do you think of that beautiful episode we had on "sacred geometry" ... well I think all the art was gorgeous and with today's episode I hope to do that again.

This episode I have titled "shifted flowers", it's a painting by an unknown artist, at least I couldn't find the artist's name or better said "I couldn't decipher the name on the left down side".

I think this painting is gorgeous and I will try to explain why I have chosen the title "shifted flowers". In this painting you can obviously see flowers, but they are fainting away into a formless scene of colors.

And that brought an old haiku in my mind. This one I created in the "Baransu" episode of our first series of Haiku Writing Techniques:

the old pond
yesterday ... Irises bloomed
only a faint purple

© Chèvrefeuille

This haiku describes in a way the painting of today.

shifted flowers
A short episode, but to say more would be a "sin" ... this painting speaks for it self.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until August 23rd at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new "weekend-meditation" later on. For now ... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment