Friday, September 8, 2017

Carpe Diem's Road to Yesterday Celebrating Five Years of Japanese Poetry #1 Introduction "right from the heart"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Let us take a trip back in time, back to September 2012, especially September 17th 2012. On that day I put Carpe Diem online with a kind of introductory, welcoming episode, for a new daily haiku meme inspired on a few other daily haiku memes in which I participated.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

September 17, 2012:

our first logo

This is my new weblog. I am Chèvrefeuille a Dutch haiku poet. I love to start a new daily meme for haiku poets. This weblog is the base for that haiku meme.
I hope to see a lot of visitors to enjoy the fun of writing haiku, a classical Japanese poem, on a theme given every day.

be inspired
write your little verses
right from the heart

I hope to see you all soon.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

As I look back to that time of preparations for the first ever prompt at Carpe Diem I smile. What nervous I was if it would work, if I could make it happen ... a daily haiku meme ... I was excited as I started, but also anxious ... because it had took me a lot of time and I just hoped it would work, it would become a success ... At that time I thought: "I just will give it a try, maybe it will last only for a few months, but than I have tried it". At that time I really hadn't thought that Carpe Diem would still exist several years later, yes of course I hoped it would be a success ... but there was at first the language. I had chosen to use English, but that's not my maiden language and at that time I didn't wrote a lot in English, but ... during the years I think my English has become better, at least good enough to write the blogs / episodes.

When the preparations were ready I finally could publish the first episode, Waterfall, that was on September 21st 2012, but the submissions started on October 1st 2012.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

September 21st, 2012:




For starters ... I will give the first prompt for this new daily haiku meme today. So you can think about it and be inspired.
Carpe Diem is a new daily haiku meme in which you can share your haiku. The haiku (or senryu) can be a classical or a non-classical one. It's all up to you. The first prompt for CARPE DIEM is waterfall. I think this is a great prompt to start with. Let flow your inspiration like a waterfall and share your haiku with us.

waterfall of colors
leaves whirl through the street -
departing summer

© Chèvrefeuille

Source: whirling leaves

Please be so kind to share a thought in the comment form. Do you have an idea for a new prompt? Well ... share it with us. I look forward to your contributions for this new haiku meme. And I hope it will be a success. I will try this to the end of the year ... so I hope that I can continue this haiku meme in January 2013.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

And so it started ... Carpe Diem, a daily haiku-meme. Back than the most episodes were short, mostly because of the fact that my English wasn't good enough, but also because of me being nervous if this project would succeed.
Well ... next month we will celebrating our fifth anniversary ... and I really hadn't thought that Carpe Diem, nowadays called Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, would be still alive and kicking. CDHK has grown, we are a real family of haiku loving poets, and there are more parts of CDHK and of course there was the wonderful cooperation with Jane Reichhold. She inspired me to go on and was also the one who gave me the inspiration, the idea, to create exclusive CDHK e-books.

Five years after the start of Carpe Diem ... a good reason to celebrate and I have to thank you all, my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers ... you all are my inspiration, my source, my engine to go on with Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

like a family
you my dear friends I embrace -
unconditional love
shared by a bunch of haiku poets
from all over the world

© Chèvrefeuille

I am looking forward to our fifth anniversary next month and I hope you all do too, because we make Carpe Diem Haiku Kai together.

Have a great weekend.

Namasté,

Chèvrefeuille, your host

Chèvrefeuille, your host

11 comments:

  1. How sweet! Congratulations on five years of bringing together like-minded people. Thank you for existing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you, Chèvrefeuille, and many thanks for your dedication to this growing international family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done an amazing job hosting this site. You're English is terrific and your poetry has grown and blossomed. I am particularly impressed with your energy to keep this site going. I've also enjoyed greatly the well-known poets you've contacted and interviewed over the years. I thank you for doing all that you do. Your site has helped me tremendously in fine-tuning my own skills as a poet.

    XXOO
    Loll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the anniversary. Thanks for all your hard work, we do feel the love. Your tirekess efforts are appreciated. Thanks for teaching me about writing haiku.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. world's a better place
    for chev's cool magic haiku
    thanks from all of us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, Chèvrefeuille! What a stunning job you have done, creating CDHK and hosting it...from the bottom of your heart&soul all these years! Thank you!
    Wishing all of the CDHK many moons ahead - to inspire and being inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job ! Congratulations for all what you've done for this big family. I also improve my English writing haiku :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on five years of Carpe Diem, Kristjaan, and thank you for giving us so much in the way of prompts, challenges and encouragement. Here's to another five years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation on your anniversary, Kristjaan! You have the energy to inspire others I can't resist to participate in the challenges, even when I'm busy with other project, as I'm always multitasking... Thank you! Much Love! Many years to Carpe Diem Haiku Kai!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary Kristjaan! Thank you so much for inspiring us here and all the work you put into creating these prompts.You introduced me to Jane Reichhold's work through this site and I am sure she will be wishing you a happy anniversary too from where she is now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your success with CDHK. It is an integral part of the lives of those who participate. Through this site so many connections have been made. We are truly blessed to have you and this wonderful blog. May there be many more years to write.

    ReplyDelete