Saturday, November 11, 2017

Wandering Spirit Challenge #1 daisan


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

A few weeks ago I asked your help with writing the daisan (third verse) for a renga which I, Yozakura, am writing together with my sensei Basho. He asked me to create the third verse with the moon as kigo. I had difficulties with creating that verse and so asked your help.

Together with Chèvrefeuille, your host, I have chosen for the daisan written by Dolores Fegan. We thought that verse fits the best. Let me give you the three first verses, including the daisan, here:

at dawn
birds sing their songs
dewdrops shimmer
                        (Yozakura)


cherry blossoms bloom again
shelter for young sparrows
            (Basho)
 

the pale moon hangs
still fresh against the sky
trailing morning glories
                 (Yozakura with the help of Dolores)


I think this daisan gives Basho the possibility to create the next stanza. Thank you all for your help and Dolores ... congratulations. Chèvrefeuille will create a special Wandering Spirit episode in which your work will be highlighted.
 

Katajike nai, thank you
Yozakura
Yozakura
 
 


2 comments:

  1. this is such a stunning work - and what a fascinating creative process - it's totally captured my imagination!

    ReplyDelete